A Quick Guide On How To Connect HP DeskJet 3630 To Wi-Fi
Technologies are getting more advanced day by day. Now, you don’t need any cable to print using modern printers launched by HP, Canon, etc brands. We will be discussing here how to connect HP DeskJet 3630 to Wi-fi.
HP Deskjet 3630 is one of those latest technology printers that allow you to go wireless. You need no cable to connect your printer to your computer. You can connect the HP DeskJet 3630 to the router to get an established connection between the printer and the computer.
How to Connect HP DeskJet 3630 to Wi-fi on Windows?
We have considered the two most known operating systems around the world. Firstly, we have prepared the method to connect using the Windows operating system. Check if your Windows operating system is capable of creating a wireless connection. Make sure you have downloaded HP DeskJet 3630 printer driver for the further printing process.
Check unless the printer won’t connect to any wireless connection. If yes, then you have to follow the methods given below. It is advised not to skip any step from the methods depicted below.
Step 1: Network Connection Essentials
Before you start the process, you surely need to check the compatibility of the Windows device you are using. Basically, all new Windows versions are capable of connecting wireless. Follow further steps to accomplish the basic task.
- You need to connect the Windows device you are using to the wireless connection. The wireless connection can be a modem, a router, etc.
- You need to collect all the Administration credentials of the wireless connection. Keep the Network ID, password ready. It will help you to connect the HP DeskJet 3630 to the same wireless connection.
- Make sure that you have enough strong network access to get HP services on the web browser.
- You should place the printer near the Windows device and the router or any other wireless connection in use.
- If there is any cable attached to your HP Deskjet 3630, remove them. But don’t remove the power cord.
These are the basic requirements that you need when you want to connect HP DeskJet 3630 to Wi-fi. These are very simple but effective steps to get a strong connection.
Step 2: Connect HP DeskJet 3630 to the Wireless Network
Next, you need to operate on the HP DeskJet 3630 to connect it to the wireless network. Follow the steps very carefully so that you get an uninterrupted wireless connection to your HP Deskjet 3630.
- Turn the power on your HP DeskJet 3630. After some time, launch the Wireless Setup Wizard on the printer. Find the wizard on the control panel of the printer.
- The wizard will display all the nearby and available wireless networks.
- Choose the network according to your choice.
- Next, you might have to provide the security key or password of the wireless network. This is one of the most necessary steps when the wireless connection is secured with WEP or WPA security options.
Your HP Deskjet 3630 might be connected with the wireless connection now, after applying all these steps.
Step 3: Final Step to Connect
In this step, you will be able to print using the wireless connection among the router, printer, and the Windows device. Don’t skip this final step if you want a secure and uninterrupted wireless connection.
- You have to download appropriate drivers for HP DeskJet 3630 as we have mentioned earlier. Otherwise, the wireless connection won’t function at all. Download the driver( if not installed) from the official site of HP printers.
- Expand the downloaded driver by double-clicking the file. Run the file on the Windows device.
- Follow all the on-screen instructions for a complete successful installation.
When you have performed all the steps above, you should run a print test. You can use the wireless connection on the Windows device to print using HP Deskjet 3630.
How to Connect HP DeskJet 3630 to Mac?
Now, we will be discussing the procedure to connect HP Deskjet 3630 to the Mac device of your choice. The mechanism is quite different than Windows. That’s why we have repeated the same process throughout for Mac users. The procedure consists of 3 simple steps below.
Step 1: Network Connection Essentials
You have to check if your Mac device is compatible with the wireless connection. If not, then you are unable to apply all the steps. Otherwise, you can proceed with the given steps below.
- You have to gather all the information about the wireless connection that you are using. The information should consist of SSID, password key of the wireless connection.
- Enable the router or modem. Check the proximity of the router to both the Mac device and HP DeskJet 3630.
- You have to connect the Mac device to the preferable wireless connection near you. Enter the security key or password to connect to the wireless connection.
- Check the network strength of the wireless connection.
Once you have performed all the above steps, get ready for the second step.
Step 2: Connect HP DeskJet 3630 to the Wireless Connection
You have to operate this step mostly on the control panel of the printer. Follow each and every step, sincerely, so that you can avoid any kind of disruption of the wireless connection.
- Switch on your printer. Open the control panel of the printer.
- Go to the wireless icon of the printer.
- Open Wireless Setup Wizard.
- You can see all the available wireless networks in the list.
- If you can’t find your network, then add the network using SSID of that network.
Connect the printer to that preferable network connection.
Step 3: Final Step to Connect
This is the last step that you need to connect your HP DeskJet 3630 to the wireless network. Follow these steps to establish a full-proof wireless connection.
- Visit the official site of HP to download the appropriate driver for HP DeskJet 3630.
- Once you have downloaded the package, install and run that driver on your Mac device.
- You must follow all the on-screen instructions.
Now, your printer will connect to the Wi-fi with the Mac device. You can run a print test now to check whether you can print using HP DeskJet 3630 on a wireless connection or Wi-fi.
Some FAQs on HP Deskjet 3630 Wi-fi Connection
We have arranged a few FAQ users generally ask while connecting HP Deskjet 3630 to Wi-fi connection. Please take a look at them.
- What to do when HP DeskJet 3630 can’t find my device?
Answer: You can apply all the steps listed below.
- You have to go to Devices and Printers and add your HP Deskjet 3630 printer.
- Choose Wireless or Bluetooth option from the menu ‘Add Printer’.
- Install the required driver software.
- Finish all the steps of installing the driver.
- If it doesn’t connect, you can connect the printer to the device using a USB cable.
- Next, you can try to connect the wireless connection or Wi-fi after launching the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- What to do when HP Deskjet 3630 is not accepting the password?
Well, you can follow the simple steps below.
- Check if you are not using the Caps lock key on while typing the password.
- Make sure that you are typing the right type of password.
- You can change the security measure to only WPA rather than WPA2.
Hopefully, the article was helpful to connect HP Deskjet 3630 to Wi-fi. You can ask your queries through the comments section. We will provide you with the best possible answer.