How to Fix Error Code 0x800CCC90 on Windows Live Mail?
The Error Code 0x800CCC90 clearly defines that Windows Live Mail has acknowledged an invalid response from your POP3 server. This can further be an issue with user’s mail server or even may related to a mail client itself if it is found to be a corrupted one.
Many people who possess doubt in this question on getting around with this particular Error Code are left puzzled up because of not getting its clear originating source. The blog discusses about a solution on how to troubleshoot error code 0x800CCC90 on Windows Live Mail.
Steps to Troubleshoot Windows Live Mail Server Error Code 0x800CCC90
Step 1: Managing the Account Settings
- This is essential for all users to make sure that what their account settings are and whether they are updated or not. One of the easiest ways to do this is simply to call an ISP and get all your settings mailed or have them written down; for example: prefer mail to avoid human error. Users will still be able to get access to all their e-mails by getting into a web-mail.
- If they are not known to the fact on how to get into a web-mail then, they are requested to navigate to Google page and type the “isp name + web-mail”.
- It will pick up settings itself by simply calling its database automatically. Proceed to next step to remove the Error Code 0x800CCC90.
Step 2: Working with the Account Settings
- Here, one needs to confirm their mail account settings in the “Windows Live Mail” section by opening up account properties and matching them with other settings that they have recently received.
- Check for your “Windows Live Mail” settings by navigating to the “Accounts” tab and then select “Properties” icon. Make sure that all servers including incoming as well as outgoing one and port numbers as well as SSL should be correct. Check for further issues if found.
Step 3: UN-Install and Re-Install of the Windows Live Mail
- Before proceeding with this task, do make sure that you have email back-ups, contacts etc. which can be done by “Exporting “from the “File Menu’ so that one can easily import it after the re-installation of “Windows Live Mail”. To uninstall it, please navigate to “Control Panel” -> Programs & Features -> Uninstall a Program – locate Windows Essentials” icon and then double click on it.
- Select the “Remove one or more programs” and then tap on ‘Windows Live Mail” button.
- Uninstall it later on.
- Once this step is completed, download all necessary essentials updates to its latest version of WLM. Next, open and reconfigure the client to import all mails if you have saved previously.
Get in touch with our experts at HP Customer Support or dial +1-800-297-9984 (toll-free) and get all your queries resolved. We are available for our users all day long to assist them anytime as and when needed.